"There’s no link between diabetes and diet.
That’s a white myth, Ken, like Larry Bird or Colorado."
-Tracy Jordan, 30 Rock

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My genetic lovechild meets the Lord of the Rings


so I tried to upload a funny animated image... it turns out that in Blogger, you cannot upload animated gifs directly from your computer and preserve the animation, you must use a third party image hosting site like the fine folks at Photobucket. So, I upload the gif, and there I am, staring back at me from some Vonage ad. Not only is some dude using my likeness without my permission, but he got caught with a dumb expression on his face too...

Okay, it isn't exactly me, but the disturbing part is that this dude is obviously some genetic lovechild of me and my buddy DLibby. While it is disturbing to know that I have a fully grown manchild love clone, it is more disturbing to know that he is hawking Vonage with a dumb look on his face. I had always hoped that any laboratory generated genetic half clones of me would do better for himself than that... maybe be a surgeon, astronaut, or a globetrotting adventurer...but isn't that every parents' dream?
So anyway, without further adieu, here's what led me on this whole little voyage of self-discovery... you might want to refresh to start it from the beginning.

I hope that was worth the wait... after the pain and turmoil and newly found parental responsibilities it unearthed, I know it was definitely NOT WORTH IT to me.

No comments: