"There’s no link between diabetes and diet.
That’s a white myth, Ken, like Larry Bird or Colorado."
-Tracy Jordan, 30 Rock

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Damn, yo, exact change required, bitch!

Two quick items:
1) As I was walking to the office storage room, I passed by a friend, and we exchanged our typical greeting. He asked me, "'wassup, yo?", and I responded, " 'tsall good mang!". He is from the sticks of eastern Connecticut and collects antique tractors, and is so white that he doesn't even tan. I tan occassionally, but am also pretty culturally sheltered when it comes to urban culture. I can't quite figure out how this greeting evolved, but it is interesting how mannerisms and phrases travel. For example, I was well known for the buzz phrase "that's hot" many years before Paris totally stole it. Ask anyone. Bitch...

2) The other day I made a quick stop at Home Depot to buy two PVC plumbing parts. The total was $2.23. I shook out my wallet, and out fell two dollar bills, a dime, two nickels, and three pennies. Damn, exact change.

The next day, after a trip to the ATM and another errand, I stopped at Subway... I reached for the debit card, but decided to check the cash reserves... crikey, another perfect amount.

A few days later, I picked up Chinese food for a few guys at work. One guy tried to hand me four pennies to cover the tax. I promptly threw the pennies backwards over my head into his office... the prick was trying to slough his loose change on me, not gonna happen. Anyway, I arrived at the restaurant, pulled out the wad of bills that folks had given me and the wad of bills and change from my wallet... and I was three cents short. Karmic ass-kicking, part 1.

And then, on the way back from the restaurant, my not-quite-shut truck hood popped up Dukes of Hazzard style at 50 mph on a busy road. It bent the hell out of the hood, too. Strange that a 20 year old truck would be prone to bending after a minor incident like that... karmic ass-kick, part 2.

1 comment:

Brian said...

damn, kid, you're a dumbass.