"There’s no link between diabetes and diet.
That’s a white myth, Ken, like Larry Bird or Colorado."
-Tracy Jordan, 30 Rock

Thursday, February 28, 2008

I am SO high-tech

In accordance with my policy of always being on the very cutting edge of technology, I am happy to announce that now have a "cellular" telephone, which is a new device that allows mobile telephone communication. The phone does not need to attach to any cords or special antennae, and has a self contained battery unit as well, so I can actually have a small telephone-like device with me when I am away from traditional telephone systems. I don't mean to shock you, but the phone actually has buttons as well instead of a dial. It is a pretty neat gizmo, and call me crazy, but I think this type of device may someday become popular.

If you wish to call me when I am not at home or at work, you can call me, and my "cell phone" (short for cellular telephone, an neato abbreviated nickname I came up with) will allow me to talk with you as if I were on a real telephone. Now I know I've joked about make-believe science fiction-type technology before, but I assure you,. this is an actual real product, and I would be happy to show you how it works if you still don't believe me.

Your technologically advanced friend,
Brian

No comments: