"There’s no link between diabetes and diet.
That’s a white myth, Ken, like Larry Bird or Colorado."
-Tracy Jordan, 30 Rock

Friday, February 8, 2008

Day 2: Mitt-Bacon-HoleyCrotch Friday

I declare today Mitt-Bacon-HoleyCrotch Friday. Please update your calendars accordingly.

Item 1: Mitt Romney dropped out of the race. My aunt from Massachusetts (who makes me special brownies every Christmas) reports that as governor of Mass-a-hola, he was in state for something like 17 days year on average, and that he was present for 7% of the votes. She thinks he's been a tremendously bad governor, slashing town budgets so the state budget looks good, that sort of thing. Therefore, on the totally unbiased rantings of my political correspondent aunt, I dislike the dude, and am glad he's done. I think Tim Russert is also a great political correspondent, but he's never so much as sent a card for Christmas, so I have to default to my aunt on this one.

Item 2: Chili's has added a few new menu items, including a southwest smoked big mouth burger that has some crazy special bacon on it. It was the second best bacon I've ever had. The best bacon ever was at the Salish Lodge & Spa overlooking Snoqualmie Falls in Washington State where we stayed on the honeymoon. (NOTE: Saving Private Ryan is not an appropriate honeymoon movie while staying at a romantic resort and spa.) The hotel is that is where they filmed Twin Peaks. It is also near the Town of Roslyn, which was where Northern Exposure was filmed. Cicely Alaska is actually about 2 hours east of Seattle. Go figure.

Item 3: On the drive to work today I noticed that my pants have a good sized hole in the crotch. This is not related t0 last night's bacon, and thankfully, it is also not at all related to Mitt Romney.
That is about it for now. I hope you all enjoy Mitt-Bacon-HoleyCrotch Friday.

No comments: