"There’s no link between diabetes and diet.
That’s a white myth, Ken, like Larry Bird or Colorado."
-Tracy Jordan, 30 Rock

Monday, April 7, 2008

Guest BlogSpot: DLibby

B-NOTE: Today's feature is a guest spot. The views expressed below are not necessarily the views of this blog, nor do I condone the content. All in all, I'm pretty sure this is a really bad idea, but I am proceeding anyway, full speed ahead, Evel Kneivel style. I will throw in some italicized comments from time to time when required, so buckle up...

Hello all you may remember me from Brian’s My genetic lovechild meets the Lord of the Rings Blog. I am “Libby” I am here to talk about Brian. As some may or may not know we are “Motorcycle Gay” as my wife likes to say, due to the fact we each have 2 motorcycles that are Identical, but that is for another time. (Libby got his dirtbike first, but I got my sport-touring bike first, so neither of us is a designated bottom in this motorcycle gay relationship... just to keep that clear. And the bikes don't match either, which means we're probably both butch/bear, rather than twink... not that there's anything wrong with that.)

So, my story starts with me taking a little ride ( 200+ miles in the rain ) from my home in Maine to Connecticut to go riding with Brian. (Libby did his rain ride in April with light rain... mine was November with heavy rain and colder temps, heading 30 miles further North nonetheless...)But this is all academic to the real reason for me Dave to hijack Brian’s Blog. You see our good friend as fallen on to hard times.

What I have discovered about Brian is that he may be “Bandwidth Poor”. The incident happened shortly after my arrival. We were chatting in his kitchen about what to do that evening. It seemed like a nice ride in the rain was not an option because Brian has Aquaphobia (B-NOTE: see above... I'm no sissy...). He suggested maybe a movie. I thought great I stated that I would like to see 21 he said great let me check the times. He reached into his front pocket then sorted thru a small stack of PostIt notes and produced a small list of “Movie” times there appeared to be abbreviated titles and times when each movie would play. He ran thru the list suggesting other possible things to see and was stopped when he reached SL. “I have no idea what this movie is so we will skip it”. We agreed to see 21 and took off to get some dinner. (The movie was StopLoss, but that's irrelevant.)

After dinner Brian again had to check some more movie times so back to “The Internet” he went and he while driving reached into his pocket and pulled sever stacks of PostIt Notes . He found the List and checked the start Time. “Hay Dave we still have about and hour and a half I have to get some stuff you want to go with me?” . Since he was driving he just put all his info on the console between the seats. We stopped to get some gas and it was the perfect time for me to look at his notes. The first pad I grabbed was the same thing hand written on each page “Google” with a square box below. I found sever articles about current events on other notes, and then found the movie list with the attached PostIt “Movies 06033” on a “Google” PostIt. There was a mini Flip book with an animated Stickman knocking himself out with nun chucks labled YouTube. Some postings from news groups, some others with little stick people that I could not figure out what was going on it looked like a football game or wrestling, and his latest blog. It is obvious he has some internet Proxy (literally) that is giving him his info. And God willing I will find this proxy before I leave his house, and can slip this blog enter into the mix. (he didn't as it turned out, but slipped a Post-It Note of his own into my pocket...)

Dave.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I must defend myself it was 40 Degrees raining sidways for my intire trip to brian's house...

O and here is the e-mail
(Some names have been changed to protect those involved..)



________________________________________
From: Dave
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 9:55 AM
To: XXXXXXX'
Subject: RE: April Showers

I don’t own any dresses..


________________________________________
From: Brian XXXX [mailto:XXX@XXXX.XXXX]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 9:25 AM
To: Dave XXXXX
Subject: April Showers

Dave -
Weatherman says 75% chance of rain on Friday and Saturday, with 1 to 2 inches of rain on Friday, 40 to 45 degrees. It was about those same conditions when I rode up last fall, and it was flat out miserable. Even wearing full rubber suit you will be soaked and freezing, not to mention some sketchy highway conditions... want to think about another weekend?

?-
BH

Brian said...

Yeah, but you wore clothes. I did the ride naked... on a ten speed...

And for the record, the 1 to 2 inches of predicted rain was scaled back to 1/2 an inch...

shamalam said...

What happens if you leave the post-it in your pants during laundry? Is this like a Momento kind of thing? Do you have a room with all the PostIts of your life?

Tree said...

Brian - Your Post-it note generation reminds me of the "jump sites" they refer to in the movie "Jumper" but not as cool. You should do a post on your flip book movies... it may provide insight into your inner workings...